OKEMOS PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Notice of Vacancy
TO: Interested Candidates
DATE: December 22, 2016
The following position is available beginning January 23, 2017:
Community Education Coordinator
Develops, coordinates, supervises and manages the community education program including; child care, Great Start Readiness Program, recreation and enrichment. Employs, evaluates and maintains contracts for all community education personnel. Ensures a balanced budget and assesses community needs.
52 Week Employee
Full Benefits – Health, Vision, Dental, Life, LTD
Vacation, Personal Business and Sick Time
- Bachelors Degree in Community Education, Early Childhood Programs, Education, Administration or Related Field and/or Significant Experience in Related Area Required.
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Minimum of 3 Years Experience in Program Planning/Design for Children and Adults.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Recruits, hires and evaluates all personnel in the community education program.
- Plans and coordinates staff professional development.
- Assists and coordinates all employee licensing and program licensing for GSRP and childcare programs
- Supervises the production and distribution of all publications, releases, materials, flyers and other information.
- Develops and updates policies and procedures for all programs.
- Coordinates programs, scheduling and facility usage with district administration.
Reports to: Assistant Superintendent – Human Resources
Location: Edgewood Early Childhood Center
Minimum Salary: $48,000
Send a letter of interest, resume and transcripts to: Cheri Meier, Assistant Superintendent –HR at 4406 N. Okemos Rd. Okemos, MI 48864 by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, January 6, 2017
Full Job Description Available Upon Request