(NEW) MACAE Outreach Coordinator 2017
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Enhance MACAE’s outreach efforts.
• Manage website, communications, newsletter and twitter/Facebook.
• Event planning skills – Conference and Professional Development events.
• Compose and execute business organizational, and professional letters and documents.
• Knowledge of Lansing political landscape and the legislators/aides.
• Determine potential partners relevant to MACAE through ongoing research and evaluation, and cultivate those prospects that best align with MACAE’s strategic short- and long-term priorities and needs.
• Solicit grants, gifts, and sponsorships from new and continuing partners.
• Submit proposals to engage potential partners on behalf of MACAE in a timely and consistent manner. This includes developing concepts, gathering and formatting information and preparing clear communications.
• Research and assist in developing plans for expanding the MACAE presence.
• Serve as an ambassador of the mission of MACAE in the interaction with current and potential partners and the media.
• Maintain current reports submitted to the Executive Board and Board of Directors.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the MACAE President
Position Qualifications and Knowledge:
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree required.
• 1-3 years of business/development experience. Marketing experience highly desirable.
• Proven success in meeting and exceeding performance goals.
• Must have documented successful partnership cultivation experience and a keen understanding of fundraising/income development.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
• Has a strong performance orientation and skillful strategic thinking, establishes clear expectations and continuously measures performance.
• The ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail is required. Maintains focus on priorities.
• Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
• Demonstrates excellence in both oral and written communications. Knowledge of external communications and cultivation techniques are essential.
• A high degree of integrity in dealing with confidential donor.
• Ability to coordinate all aspects of an event including – logistics, correspondence, financial reports and printed materials.
• Ability to coordinate and lead committee meetings.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Send an email with resume to Bob Steeh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Bob Steeh
Salary: Total Compensation package: $50,000 = Flexible Work Schedule (approximately 30 hrs. per week)