For over 35 years, the Michigan Association of Adult & Community Education (MACAE), has represented the administrators, teachers and supporters of Community Education in the State of Michigan. During those years, we have seen many changes in the field and have experienced many changes in our organization. There have been times of plenty and leaner periods where schools and other community agencies have faced economic uncertainty.
MACAE is proud to have come through some interesting time in the last few years and feel we are on the brink of reestablishing ourselves in a leadership role in adult education, alternative education, pre-school and early childhood education and enrichment and recreation in our state. We can best do that by continuing to grow and expand our membership. We can do that best if you join our efforts.
Please consider becoming a MACAE member or returning to MACAE with your membership. We believe you will find an organization made up of very dedicated professionals who share a belief system that leads to community improvement and empowerment. Call us at 517-492-1367 for more information.
Special Offer for 2019-20:
Associate Membership: $99 for one membership plus a second Associate Membership free (if paid by July 31st). Includes registration for 2 teachers, or 2 program assistants and or 2 other support staff. Also Retirees no longer working in the field. August 1st the second associate membership is $49.50.
ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW AVAILABLE!
MACAE is now able to accept credit cards and registration over the internet, click here.
We would like to thank Digital Signup (formerly SBSI Software Inc.) for providing us with the registration software.
Membership Application 2019-20 or join on line. (Call the MACAE Office at 517.492.1367 if you have trouble accessing the application). Viewing a PDF document requires the use of a special viewer. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may download it here. Get Acrobat Reader
Click Membership Directory 2018-19-1 for 2018-19 to assess password protected membership directory. Chrome users will need to Disable Chrome PDF viewer by typing “about:plugins” (without quotes) in the address bar.
To obtain the password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Membership to COABE
- Grassroots Training
- Membership-Driven Legislative Platform
- Legislative Testimony
- Membership Representation
- State Board of Education
- Michigan Department of Education (MDE)
- Council for Labor & Economic Growth
- Michigan Dept. of Energy, Labor & Economic Growth (DELEG)
- Michigan Legislature
- U. S. Congress
- Michigan After School Partnership Steering Committee (MASP)
- Shared Youth Vision Partnership (SYVP)
- Timely Updates
- Issue Analyses
- Bill Tracking
- Timely Teleconference Issue Discussions
- Fall Conference
- All Professional Development Offerings
- Special Events
- Fall Conference Registration
- Annual Voting Privileges
- Nominate Candidates for MACAE Board and Officers
- Vote for Regional Representative to MACAE Board
- Vote for President, Vice President and Member-At-Large Candidates
- Vote on MACAE By-Law Changes
Annual Membership Recognition
- Nominate Fellow Member Programs for Annual Program of the Year
- Nominate Fellow Members for Annual Director of the Year
- Participate in Annual Award Ceremony at Fall Conference
- Appointments to Key State-Level Workgroups
Advisory Groups ( Meetings with Peers and State Leaders)
- Early Childhood & Childcare
- Alternative Education
- Adult Education, Literacy & ESL
- Enrichment, Recreation and Before/Afterschool
Networking with Peers, State & Federal Leadership
Timely Info & Publications
Membership Survey Findings
- Current Issues
- Programs & Practices