For over 35 years, the Michigan Association of Adult & Community Education (MACAE), has represented the administrators, teachers and supporters of Community Education in the State of Michigan. During those years, we have seen many changes in the field and have experienced many changes in our organization.
MACAE is dedicated to representing professionals (administrators and directors, support staff and instructional staff) in adult, alternative, community education/ early childcare and enrichment and workforce development training and credentialing. We continue to be dedicated to growing our membership among diverse groups and representing all of the populations they serve. We can do that best if you join our efforts.
Consider becoming a MACAE member or returning to MACAE with your membership. We believe you will find an organization made up of very dedicated professionals who share a belief system that leads to community improvement and empowerment.
Special Offer for 2019-20:
Associate Membership: $99 for one membership plus a second Associate Membership free (if paid by July 31st). Includes registration for 2 teachers, or 2 program assistants and or 2 other support staff. Also Retirees no longer working in the field. August 1st the second associate membership is $49.50.
Join or Renew your Membership today!
We would like to thank Digital Signup (formerly SBSI Software Inc.) for providing us with the registration software.
2019-2020 Membership Information
Join online today! (Call the MACAE Office at 517.492.1367 if you have trouble accessing the application).
Click Membership Directory 2018-19-1 for 2018-19 to assess password protected membership directory. Chrome users will need to Disable Chrome PDF viewer by typing “about:plugins” (without quotes) in the address bar.
To obtain the password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monthly Workshops on best practices information
- Webinars on pertinent and timely matters
- Regular communications and updates on statewide initiatives
- Annual Fall Conference
- SCECHs for K-12 administrator and teacher certification renewal
- Resource sharing and access to statewide list serve of providers
- Professional Networking Opportunities with practitioners from across the state and around the country.
- Membership to the Coalition on Adult Basic Education (COABE)
- Statewide Collaborations and Partnerships
- Resource Sharing and access to statewide list serve for providers
- Participation in one of our standing Committees: Adult Basic Education/Literacy, Alternative Education, Community Education, High School Equivalency, Advocacy and Workforce Development
- Monthly updates/MACAE Membership newsletter
- Membership Survey and findings: best practices, innovative ideas, etc.
- Access to professional development documentation and resources/handouts
- Full time office staff for member troubleshooting and support
- Membership Directory and Updates
- Nominate fellow peers for statewide recognition at Annual Awards Celebration
- Recognition on social media and member profiles
- Access to professional job posting and sharing
- Appointments to Key State-Level Workgroups
- Membership to COABE
- Recommendations to Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity for improved outcomes and delivery of services
- Membership Representation:
- State Board of Education
- Michigan Department of Education (MDE)
- Michigan Department of
- Local school boards, local workforce development boards
- Michigan After School Partnership Steering Committee (MASP)
- Regional adult education meetings in all ten prosperity regions
- Section 107 Taskforce
- All Professional Development Offerings
- Special Events
- Fall Conference Registration
- Annual Voting Privileges
- Nominate Candidates for MACAE Board and Officers
- Vote for Regional Representative to MACAE Board
- Vote for President, Vice President and Member-At-Large Candidates
- Vote on MACAE By-Law Changes
MACAE Committees: ( Meetings with Peers and State Leaders each month)
- Adult Basic Education/Literacy
- Alternative Education
- Community Education: Enrichment, Recreation and Before/Afterschool Care
- High School Equivalency/High School Completion
- Workforce Development